Why was CTIJF postponed for 2020?
In light of growing concerns around the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic (commonly known as the Coronavirus), the Cape Town International Jazz Festival (CTIJF), takes seriously the health and safety of its patrons, performing artists, services providers, its employees and the public at large. Due to the scale of event, which draws over 40 000 attendees, it is in the public’s best interest to postpone the 2020 event to support efforts to curb the spread of the virus.
Does this mean that the Free Concert is also postponed?
The ever popular CTIJF Free Concert attracts over 13 000 people each year, and thus the same concerns around the spread of the Coronavirus apply. The health and safety of our patrons, performing artists, services providers, employees and the public at large are at the centre of our decision-making and it’s in the public’s best interest to postpone this event too.
How do we go about getting refunds for the tickets?
Weekend and Day Passes purchased for CTIJF will be refunded via our ticketing partner Computicket, subject to their terms and conditions.
As a loyal Festino should you decide to retain your current ticket for the re-scheduled CTIJF you will receive a 25% discount on the purchase of an additional ticket OR a R100 voucher per day for Food and Beverages at the event.
The Computicket Call Centre will also be able to assist with more information on the cancellation/ refund or exchange process. You can contact the Call Centre on 0861 915 8000 or 011 340 8000, Monday to Saturday, between 08h00 and 20h00. The Call Centre is closed on Sundays and some public holidays. Alternately you can e-mail email@example.com
Are you able to assist in refunding hospitality tickets?
For refunds on Hospitality Packages, contact the espAfrika hotline on 021 671 0506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is CTIJF likely to take place?
Given the spread of the Coronavirus nobody can know how long the process will take for it to be contained, and a safe environment to be ensured for all Festinos to attend the Festival. We are also dependent on the availability of the venue. As soon as both of these elements can be determined we will be able to set a new date.